DHA is looking for a Lead Engineer to support a dynamic customer located in Washington, DC. This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance.
DHA Group is seeking a Lead Engineer to support the work of the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and the Digital Transformation Office (DTO) of a premier DOJ Intelligence Agency. The scope of work involves providing consolidated, enterprise-level governance of the agency’s IT activities enabling improved delivery of technology capabilities for users across the agency. Its mission is to manage the Agency’s IT investments, rapidly deliver core IT services, and spur innovative solutions that match today’s dynamic IT landscape. DTO was established to lead the execution of high-priority technology transformation activities for the Agency. The candidate will spearhead all technology and innovation on behalf of the OCIO.
Scope/mission of work
The Lead Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the technical accuracy and completeness of the products and services delivered under this contract. Specifically, the Lead Engineer:
- Will be familiar with the FBI’s systems and technical environment.
- Provides technical direction to the engineering team
- With the Program Manager will interview, select, train and supervise all technical personnel on the contract.
- Understands, analyzes, and manages complex customer requirements, then translates them to engineering team.
- Undertakes engineering projects and plans them as per the FBI’s schedule and requirements.
- Identifies engineering best practices and standards for engineering team
- Communicates regularly with FBI clients to ensure FBI satisfaction and reviews client initiatives and team goals with the engineering team.
- Acts as a subject matter and industry expert and assists FBI with technology selections
- Consults regularly with FBI regarding IT needs and budgets as well as develops strategic plans and roadmaps based on budget and business drivers
- Manages vendor relationships on behalf of the FBI to ensure technology goals are met.
- Recommends appropriate products and services that meet FBI needs and provide value.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise IT environments
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience
- BA Degree or higher in IT preferred
- Strong infrastructure experience and expertise
- Cloud experience (hybrid preferred)
- Experience in all phases of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in an agile and/or DevSecOps environment
- Experience with functional and/or technical aspects of enterprise COTS and custom development
- Experience in functional requirements development, IT technical support and technical program strategy
- Good knowledge of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle including Agile
- Extensive application and systems integration support experience
- Proven experience engineering infrastructure and application health and performance monitoring solutions (e.g. SolarWinds, AppDynamics, Splunk)
- Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of ITIL/ITSM
- Ability to present to executive management incident debriefs and root cause analysis reports
- Be a customer advocate by consistently meeting, exceeding expectations and incorporating customer service into all aspects of work
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail
- Team Work: Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a strategic effort toward a common vision or goal
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnel
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions
- Results Oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task
- Mentoring: Experience in mentoring junior staff and/or staff not experienced with methodology, documentation, or project delivery
Top 3 skills/must haves
- SME All Things IT
- Solutions Architect
Desired Years of experience: 10
Desired Education: BSc
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.
Why DHA? Over the years, DHA has proven its ability to provide cost-effective, forward-thinking solutions, and exceptional service for customers. The trust our clients, teaming partners, and employees have in DHA is directly related to how we cultivate and value relationships. Our diverse clients include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), Veteran’s Administration, Department of State, U.S. Marshalls, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and the Department of Defense (DoD). DHA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.