DHA is looking for an Azure Office 365 Engineer to support a dynamic customer in Washington DC. This position requires an active Public Trust.
Provide daily technical assistance, consulting, configuration, and troubleshooting assistance to the team on the agency’s Azure, Windows Server, and SQL Server configurations, implementations, operations, and security monitoring.
- Review each of the existing Windows Servers and SQL Servers:
- Evaluate their ability to be virtualized
- Evaluate their ability to be migrated to Azure
- Develop a plan to upgrade them to the current Windows Server operating system or current SQL Server database. Once such plan is approved, assist the staff in the upgrade and migration of such servers
- Provide recommendations to minimize the Windows Server licensing costs for all servers evaluated while meeting Microsoft’s licensing requirements
- Maintain the Windows Server and SQL Server configurations and settings baselines based upon DISA STIG recommendations within two weeks of the updated DISA STIGs being released
- Provide weekly summary reports of the above recommendations
- Provide and maintain a weekly project report of all recommendations and migrations approved by the government
- Evaluate and recommend methods to automate the deployment of servers, using the baseline configurations, for both Azure based and on-premise locations.
- Once approved by the government, assist in the implementation of those automated deployments using existing tools including Microsoft System Center and Azure native capabilities
- Provide technical expertise in the architecture, design, and baseline configuration of the Azure Data Center, including maintaining security zones for monitoring and protecting the
- Provide technical support to the OCIO staff by reviewing Azure and Data Center environments and recommending best practices from the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF).
- Provide advice, guidance, and knowledge transfer to support the OCIO staff in the migration from on-premise or hosted Data Centers (both physical and virtualized) to the Azure cloud. In 2018 this will include migrating one tiered data center and six non- tiered data centers as listed in the Data Center Optimization Plan.
- Bachelor of Science or Greater
- 3-5 years of Azure and O365 experience
- Overall experience with Microsoft technologies
- Experience managing connectivity to cloud services
- MCSA or MCSE in Cloud and Infrastructure (They should be able to acquire or commit to getting the certificate within 30-60 days of hiring)
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.
Why DHA? Over the years, DHA has proven its ability to provide cost-effective, forward-thinking solutions, and exceptional service for customers. The trust our clients, teaming partners, and employees have in DHA is directly related to how we cultivate and value relationships. Our diverse clients include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), Veteran’s Administration, Department of State, U.S. Marshalls, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and the Department of Defense (DoD). DHA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.