DHA is currently seeking a Legislative Support Analyst. This position is located in Quantico and the surrounding areas of Stafford, Virginia. This position requires an active Top-Secret clearance.
- Publishes and maintains long- and short-range legislative monitoring plan
- Maintains and shares legislative updates and project correlation/impacts across the CODIS team and its external stakeholders
- Supports conferences including Annual CODIS Conference, Scientific Working Group on DNA Analysis Methods (SWGDAM), State CODIS Administrators meetings, NDIS Board, and software demonstrations
- Monitors Federal, State and case law for revisions relating to the constitutionality of DNA databases and their use
- Provides research and supporting documentation for use in litigation involving the Federal Convicted Offender Program and challenges to State DNA database laws
- Maintains model provisions for DNA database laws for use by States seeking to revise their existing laws
- Reviews pending Federal regulations and legislation on DNA
- Maintains a current CODIS State Administrator’s Manual to ensure it is consistent with Federal laws, regulations and case law;
- Researches and prepares memoranda on issues affecting DNA databases and NDIS;
- Assists with NDIS procedures and meetings;
- Responds to data calls and requests for information using various means of communication
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Preferred Experience with and knowledge of the FBI CODIS program, its use by law enforcement agencies at the state and national levels
- Minimum 5 years’ Judicial and legislative experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in legislative research in the area of forensic DNA
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience with the latest version of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint (User)
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for more than 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.
Why DHA? Over the years, DHA has proven its ability to provide cost-effective, forward-thinking solutions, and exceptional service for customers. The trust our clients, teaming partners, and employees have in DHA is directly related to how we cultivate and value relationships. Our diverse clients include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), Veteran’s Administration, Department of State, U.S. Marshals, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and the Department of Defense (DoD).
DHA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.