DHA is currently seeking a System Security Engineer to provide test development, documentation and execution for an enterprise team supporting of our largest client. This position is located in Quantico and the surrounding areas of Stafford, Virginia. This position requires an active Top-Secret clearance.
- Provides accreditation boundary services
- Works with Systems Security and Officer staff
- Supports continued maintenance and creation of the Security Policy and provide expertise regarding the concepts, development, writing, and delivery of security policy related topic papers and briefings to the various subcommittees, task forces, and working groups
- Provides theory, research and analysis support regarding industry best practices related to; but not limited to, cloud services, virtualization technology, encryption, secure networking, authentication, and mobile device management.
- Promotes defense-in-depth to include integrity, availability, authenticity, confidentiality, and non-repudiation of information is accomplished
- Establishes measurement process to rate compliance based off of the security inspections, Annual Audit, or Vulnerability Assessment Team (VAT), FISMA programs and requirements
- Ensures all systems within the accreditation boundary meet/exceed all defined security accreditation requirements and as defined in the Configuration Management Plan
- Ensures current policies/processes are being performed and follows operating system, application, hardware/infrastructure, and hardening using USGCB/NIST, DISA, CIS, Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) for all appropriate systems within the boundary
- Implements latest applicable Security Requirements Guide (SRG), STIG, and/or benchmarks
- Utilizes Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) tool and manual SRGs, and STIGs
- Performs Computer Network Defense (CND) continuous (24x7) monitoring and reporting, using Information Assurance (IA) detection, mitigation, and prevention solutions including Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Protection Systems (IDS/IPS), Host-Based Security System (HBSS), log management system (machine data: system, audit, etc. logs), and Security Information Event Management Systems (SIEM)
- Performs vulnerability scan utilizing Tenable Nessus, Trustwave AppDetectivePRO, IBM AppScan, Rapid7 Metasploit, and other applications and tools
- Maintains McAfee e-Policy Orchestrator software suite
- Validates Microsoft patches and/or updates should then be made available for deployment via the production WSUS server
Bachelor’s Degree in system engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related discipline
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Minimum of two (2) years as program lead in program of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in the Information Security (Cybersecurity or Information Assurance) field including:
- Knowledge of developing, maintaining and managing Security Authorizations and Assessments packages
- Experience with developing and managing Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Displays technical experience with conducting research and providing review recommendations on software and technologies for vulnerabilities
- Information Security training and certifications with Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is highly preferred
- Proven experience in information system compliance with government standards and industry best practices including, but not limited to National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), OW ASP, Common Criteria, Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) and SANS
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for more than 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.
Why DHA? Over the years, DHA has proven its ability to provide cost-effective, forward-thinking solutions, and exceptional service for customers. The trust our clients, teaming partners, and employees have in DHA is directly related to how we cultivate and value relationships. Our diverse clients include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), Veteran’s Administration, Department of State, U.S. Marshals, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and the Department of Defense (DoD).
DHA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.