DHA Group, Inc. is looking for Systems Administrator/Engineers with an active Top-Secret Clearance and SCI Eligibility, to support a very dynamic customer in Washington, DC.
- Installs new, or rebuilds existing, servers and configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Participates in design, implementation, and the automation of deployment of systems, networks, storage, and software
- Monitors hardware, operating systems, application software, and related procedures for organizational compliancy and operational requirements.
- Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
- Security monitoring, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing; ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization;
- Server hardening and implements infrastructure protections in accordance with security best practices;
- Capacity monitoring; short and long term capacity planning
- Troubleshooting as required, leading problemsolving efforts with outside vendors, other technical personnel and/or organizations.
- Recommends innovative, and possible automated approaches for system administration tasks; Tests new and emerging technologies including enhanced Cloud operations.
- Identifies approaches that leverage existing resources and provide economies of scale.
- Develops and maintains operational, installation, configuration procedures and other procedures.
- Verifies data backup, replication, and testing operations are performing correctly.
- Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Actively participates in the implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities; maintains detailed technical support documentation. Stays abreast of advanced principles and practices of Information Technology, project management, industry standards, and advanced technical concepts.
- Work with other departments' teams, as requested, in recommending the required hardware and software topology for the right deployment architecture.
- Operates and provides support for enterprise communication systems in-house and on cloud.
- Establishes, maintains and manages service accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Operates and provides support for enterprise package distribution and corporate directory services.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
- 10 years of Microsoft Experience with at least 5-7 providing direct operations with Microsoft Technologies.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification a plus
- MCSE is a plus
- 5+ years of experience administering Windows Server 2008+
- Possesses a comprehensive working knowledge of Linux operating system, especially process and system monitoring facilities.
- Has the ability to analyze and tune performance issues by leveraging various industry standard monitoring and reporting tools
- Has verifiable experience with: running large-scale, multi-tenant virtualized environments; SAN configuration and management skills; Cisco UCS blade installation and management;
- Enterprise backup and recovery procedures; and, system performance monitoring tools
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast-growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.
Why DHA? Over the years, DHA has proven its ability to provide cost-effective, forward-thinking solutions, and exceptional service for customers. The trust our clients, teaming partners, and employees have in DHA is directly related to how we cultivate and value relationships. Our diverse clients include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), Veteran’s Administration, Department of State, U.S. Marshalls, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and the Department of Defense (DoD). DHA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.