DHA is hiring a Systems Engineer III (Application Packaging) to support a contract in Pocatello, Idaho. Candidate must have an active Top Secret Clearance and be eligible for an SCI.
The Contractor shall create and maintain both the thick install and virtual install application packages for COTS products used on the Client’s enterprise environments. Currently utilized application packaging technologies include but are not limited to Microsoft App-V Sequencer, Flexera Admin Studio, and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). The Application Packager (Packager) will be part of a packaging for a Windows 10 deployment as well as other commercial off the shelf products such as Firefox, Adobe products and other add-ons.
Requirements & Duties:
- The Contractor shall produce functional high-level best practice standards and complicated Microsoft Windows Installer Packages at an enterprise production level.
- The Contractor shall apply specific desired settings using a variety of industry accepted tools with frequent low-level custom scripting.
- The Contractor shall complete packages in a timely manner and is responsible for COTS and in-house type applications using Admin Studio following an established process and workflow. Packaging will consist of building silent installation packages in an MSI/MST format and performing initial installation testing on Windows 10 or other Window Server before handing off to the client for user acceptance testing and eventual deployment through SCCM Application Virtualization with Microsoft App-V, or Microsoft ACT package shimming.
- The Contractor shall perform enterprise application discovery with experienced developers and inexperienced requestors to obtain requirements, settings and preferences.
- The Contractor shall deliver estimated package completion dates with regular activity, status and progress reporting for electronic delivery.
- The Contractor shall prepare, build, update and maintain a repeatable clean initial virtual machine base work environment from which to launch and initiate packaging builds.
- The Contractor shall automate the work environment to include the configuration of tools with necessary merge modules and additional specific company global settings.
- The Contractor shall create a high volume of conflict free, validated, advertised, rollback enabled, just in time, and error free restorable packages certified for delivery through the system configuration management server.
- The Contractor shall have extensive scripting experience using CScript, WSscript, VBScript, and/or PowerShell.
- The Contractor shall have extensive knowledge and experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) (SCCM 2012 or higher preferred).
- The Contractor shall have extensive skills with Windows Platforms and MDOP and MDT.
- The Contractor shall create deployment packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment.
- The Contractor shall package applications and software updates utilizing tools such as Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield or tools such as App-V Sequencer.
- The Contractor shall develop, maintain, and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome in a Windows environment.
- The Contractor shall develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment.
- The Contractor shall document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process
- The Contractor shall participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management.
- The Contractor shall serve in a lead role in meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks.
- The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Registry, and ability to query or modify settings. Extensive experience using Flexera Admin Studio, SCCM, and Install Shield required. Knowledge of Power Shell and/or VB scripting essential. This position shall be filled with individuals that have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferred, and 8+ years of packaging experience required.
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.
Why DHA? Over the years, DHA has proven its ability to provide cost-effective, forward-thinking solutions, and exceptional service for customers. The trust our clients, teaming partners, and employees have in DHA is directly related to how we cultivate and value relationships. Our diverse clients include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), Veteran’s Administration, Department of State, U.S. Marshals, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and the Department of Defense (DoD).