DHA Group, Inc. is looking for a Software/User Interface Developer with an active Top-Secret Clearance and SCI Eligibility, to support a very dynamic customer in Washington, DC.
- Presentation layer UI development and prototyping synthesizing visual, motion, input and interaction design across a diverse and rapidly evolving technology ecosystem
- Contribute technical expertise throughout all stages of product design and development, conceptual design, visual design language and motion personality, input language, UI platform and tools maturity, prototyping and production
- Implementation of accessible UI
- Ownership of quality standards, process, schedule, costing, resources and deliverables
- Offer alternatives when technology constraints require design compromises
- Help develop and refine UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines
- Utilization of responsive design and emerging coding and design practices
- Bring a multi-disciplinary point of view of product design to the conversation
- Synthesizing requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
- Designing/developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, proofs of concepts (POC’s), and production ready pilots.
- 100% hands-on coding
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, preproduction, production, and post-release patches
- Will integrate with consumable security services, driving adoption of 24X7 proactive security monitoring on all TIO environments and systems, while integrating compliance operations
- Articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Dealing well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Work cross-functionally with various FBI teams: product management, QA/QE, various technical and operational divisions to drive forward results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the projects within the TIO’s portfolio
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- BS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience developing web, software, or mobile applications
- 1-2+ years’ experience developing prototypes at the right level of fidelity for each phase of development, from startup through launch and beyond.
- Certified - AWS Solutions Architect or 1-year experience in role Experience with AWS, CI/CD, and containerization (Cloud formation, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon Redshift, automation tools, Linux, Docker, chef or puppet, etc…)
- Strong experience in any of the following Object- Oriented Languages (OOD):
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) 1+ years’ experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, and enterprise application integration.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience with unit testing & Test- Driven Development (TDD) 5+ years of work experience on web or device applications
- Excel in the implementation, production, and shipment of highly-polished user interfaces
- Experience with any CSS tools (SASS, PostCSS, LESS, etc.)
- Familiar with server-side technologies such as Node.js or .NET
- Experience building responsive and mobile-first applications
- Exposure to RESTful APIs and familiarity with industry bestpractices
- Familiar with unit testing libraries like Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Familiar with version control systems (Git, TFS, etc.)
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing web or mobile applications
- Experience with social, mobile, cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications
- Experience with open source technologies (if no practical work experience w/ Big Data, or cutting- edge front-end technology—you’re prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solutions Experience with various, modern web frameworks
- Ability to create and assess design solutions based on user goals and key scenarios
- Problem solving, creative, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Engineering, Program Management & Marketing)
- Strong collaboration influencing skills, proven ability to lead and inspire
- An ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
- Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design Experience with multiple devices and platforms (e.g. cross browser, tablet, smart phone)
- Understanding of front-end performance characteristics
- Experience with SPA (Single Page Application) development
- Knowledge of localization techniques for the web
- Strong understanding of software best-practices including familiarity with SOLID and DRY coding principles
- Experience with Open Source software, and an appreciation for contributions is a plus
- Experience with UI automation testing and integration tests is a big plusExperience with cross-platform mobile development such as React Native, React, Xamarin, Ionic, PhoneGap, etc is a plus. Online portfolio (public github or similar is a plus)
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast-growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.
Why DHA? Over the years, DHA has proven its ability to provide cost-effective, forward-thinking solutions, and exceptional service for customers. The trust our clients, teaming partners, and employees have in DHA is directly related to how we cultivate and value relationships. Our diverse clients include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), Veteran’s Administration, Department of State, U.S. Marshalls, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and the Department of Defense (DoD). DHA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.