DHA is looking for a DEVOPS ENGINEER to support our customer in Crystal City, VA. This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance.
· Bachelor’s degree in areas such as computer science or engineering, electronics engineering, math or a STEM field. A master’s degree is often a plus.
· Proven experience and success in Linux/Unix Administration, SQL and MySQL are important as well as a working understanding of code and script. IT professionals from a variety of backgrounds — software developers, system administrators — often evolve into the role of a DevOps Engineer.
· Extensive static code analysis (SonarQube preferred) experience.
· Detailed understanding of how SonarQube server runs. Understand the architecture. Excellent debugging/problem solving skills.
· Understanding of SonarQube and IDE plugins.
· Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
· Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
· Strong grasp of automation tools
· A strong focus on business outcomes
· Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
· Familiarity with CI (continuous integration) and Continuous Delivery (CD) tools
Summary Position Description:
· Demonstrates expertise in front and back-end system technologies in enterprise environments, and knowledge of best-practices in different server technologies.
· Automate build and deployment process through build system
· Maintain various software feature branches using a Source Control System (Bit Bucket)
· Design and configure continuous integration build system through collaboration with development, Security and IT teams
· Experience with Continuous Deployment/ Continuous Integration tools :
· Source Control software such as Git/Bit bucket
· CI tools such as Jenkins / Bamboo or equivalent
· Build automation tools such as Ansible
· Configuration management software such as Puppet/Chef/CF Engine or equivalent.
· Experience with Artifact repository tools such as Confluence
· Develop and maintain Network Automation using Ansible for the Network Provisioning Software Platform.
· Develop automated test scripts using Selenium, Java and a variety of open source tools
· Design, develop, and implement software test automation frameworks
· Monitor and tune systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
· Install OS and application patches.
· Troubleshoot complex problems and document solutions.
· Automate tasks to improve efficiency and ensure repeatability.
· Ensure thorough compliance with internal security procedures, industry security standards, and accepted best practices related to security.
· Support operationally critical environment, using monitoring tools and scripts, data feeds and associated scripts, research and analysis of production issues, capturing logging
· Automating deployment of Linux applications, system configurations and security settings
· Prioritizing requests from operations, development and product teams fairly while demonstrating a sense of empathy
· Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, CFEngine and Bcfg2: Maintaining consistent system performance is critical. This means being up and available, as well as fast and reliable. Experience with these configuration management tools will help you manage software and system changes repeatedly and predictably.
· Jenkins: A key part of your job is making it faster and easier to create and deploy software. Experience with tools like these will help ensure you have what you need to keep things moving.
· Git, Bit Bucket: Version control is important to DevOps so developers don’t get in each other’s way. Use of these source control systems allows for collaboration on software projects and makes it easy to manage changes and updates.
· Nagios, CloudWatch, and Splunk: As a DevOps professional, you must always keep tabs on performance. While the specifics of each tool are different, you should know the philosophy and principles behind each of them so you can implement them effectively.
· Key Tools and Technologies – Ansible Tower, Jenkins, Bamboo, Selenium, SonarQube, Bit Bucket.
· Source Control Tools (Git, BitBucket) – Devops Engineers use source control tools to keep track of changes they make to their projects, so they can easily return to older versions of their code at any time. This is especially helpful when trying identify and fix bugs in code.
· Continuous Integration Tools (CI/CD) – Devops Engineers require constant feedback on the status of software. Continuous integration tools help detect software deficiencies as they develop, which allows Devops Engineers to resolve them more quickly.
· Team Management Tools– To guide and track team movements, Devops Engineers need to use one or more team management tools such as Agile Manager or Agile Bench.
Top 3 skills:
1. DevOPS Engineering
Desired Years of experience: 4 to 5 years
Desired Education: B.S
Other Preferred Skills/ Attributes: Agile, DevOPS
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.
Over the years, DHA has proven its ability to provide cost-effective, forward-thinking solutions, and exceptional service for customers. The trust our clients, teaming partners, and employees have in DHA is directly related to how we cultivate and value relationships. Our diverse clients include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), Veteran’s Administration, Department of State, U.S. Marshalls, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and the Department of Defense (DoD). DHA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.