DHA is seeking a Sr. Linux Systems Administrator in support of a mission critical environment in Vienna Virginia.
This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance. Candidates will be required to obtain an FBI SCI which will require sitting for a CI polygraph.
The Linux Admin will be responsible for installing and configuring and administering a Red Hat environment.
- Install and configure Red Hat Directory Server Bash shell scripting Write/create rpm's
- Utilize command line commands to troubleshoot network/cpu/disk/utilization
- Create kickstarts Kickstart rhel systems from kickstart server or CD Configure network configuration from command line RHEL5, RHEL6, RHEL7, CentOS
- Utilize logical volume commands to create, size, resize, format disk partitions and logical volumes
- Utilize yum and rpm commands to patch systems and troubleshoot patching problems
- Familiar with DISA STIG requirements Configure nfs/automount shares
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for all areas of responsibility
- Perform daily system checks and reviews system logs to ensure optimal performance of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Create and maintain the virtual environments used by Development
- Maintain the Linux production environment for unclassified and classified networks
- Support deployments for new versions of TSC custom applications
- Test and deploy new operating systems and Security patches
- Troubleshoot escalated tickets
- Monitor and troubleshoot external application connections
- Assist with the installation of new and/or rebuild servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Provide support during core hours and on call support 24/7, with the exception of the Off-site Support location
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices
- Must be able to plan and carry out assignments
- Must be able to interpret IT policies, standards, and guidelines
- Must be able to test and optimize the functionality of systems, networks, and data
- Must be able to ensure optimal use of commercially available products
- Must be able to prepare and present reports
- Must be able to represent the organization in interactions with other organizations
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.
Over the years, DHA has proven its ability to provide cost-effective, forward-thinking solutions, and exceptional service for customers. The trust our clients, teaming partners, and employees have in DHA is directly related to how we cultivate and value relationships. Our diverse clients include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), Veteran’s Administration, Department of State, U.S. Marshalls, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and the Department of Defense (DoD). DHA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.