DHA is seeking a Desktop Support Technician in support of a mission critical environment in Vienna Virginia.
This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance. Candidates will be required to obtain an FBI SCI which will require sitting for a CI polygraph.
- Providing phone based and hands on support to a mission driven 24/7/365 user environment
- Serving as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software, computer systems, printer issues and multiple unclassified and classified networks
- Monitoring ticketing queue and work on assigned tickets
- Communicating effectively with users and update tickets with all relevant information
- Escalating issues to leadership as needed including after hours and weekend sending emails and calling on call support
- Maintaining access to email accounts, mailboxes, distribution groups, personal storage tables (PSTs) and calendars.
- Assisting with hardware decommissioning
- Providing printer support
- Creating, unlocking, and disabling Active Directory accounts. Account creations include external networks.
- Communicating with incoming and outgoing shifts to relay important information on open issues
- Installing IT hardware, which include workstations, monitors, switchboxes, keyboard, mice and printers and any other associated devices.
- Pushing non-standard software via current tool to users
- Issuing Public Key Infrastructure Certificates and security tokens
- Providing data recovery and folder access on multiple networks
- Working closely with the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) and external groups when needed
- Erasing, reloading, and maintaining hard drives with the standard baseline software
- Acting as a Registration Authority in support of access control systems
- Updating virus definitions on all systems
- Perform hourly application checks on mission critical applications and troubleshoot as applicable
- High School diploma and one year of experience in a Service Desk support environment working with multiple system classifications.
- Minimum of one year of hands on IT Support in a cleared environment
- Experience configuring IT hardware (workstations, monitors, printers, switch boxes)
- Experience working with Windows 7, Microsoft Server 2008 and 2012, Active Directory and various software applications including the full MS Office suite
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 environment providing continuous support to users and critical operations monitoring and escalation
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.
Why DHA? Over the years, DHA has proven its ability to provide cost-effective, forward-thinking solutions, and exceptional service for customers. The trust our clients, teaming partners, and employees have in DHA is directly related to how we cultivate and value relationships. Our diverse clients include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ), Veteran’s Administration, Department of State, U.S. Marshalls, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), and the Department of Defense (DoD). DHA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.