DHA Group Inc., is currently seeking a JIRA Administrator to support a dynamic client of ours in Crystal City, VA. This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance.
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Manage user permissions for tools according to the needs of projects and teams.
- Perform application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs.
- Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility.
- Research and utilize industry standard methods and techniques.
- Maintain JIRA projects, workflows, permissions, and users while working in a JIRA 6.x & 7.x environment.
- Improve JIRA security. Set access permissions for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces.
- Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration.
- Communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines.
- Perform basic Linux and Windows Server administration tasks
Required Experience includes:
- Understanding of Agile Development and Continuous Integration
- Install, manage and administer JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket add-ons, plugins, and extensions.
- Integrating JIRA with other tool suites and applications, such as Service Now, Active Directory,
- Linux, Oracle, and VMWare
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the technology organization and with people of varying technology backgrounds (developers, testers, network, server, and security)
- Administration of our Atlassian toolset and DevOps related Integration Tools (Jenkins).
- Determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket setup and workflows.
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Implement Atlassian Tools upgrades, and partner with other IT staff to coordinate infrastructure maintenance and system migrations.
- Provide User Management and support for local and remote users, manage system access across groups to ensure compliance, and maintain best practices.
- Create and manage security schemes, custom fields and configurations.
- Interact with existing vendors for support and troubleshooting.
- Maintain and manage Automation Build Environments such as Jenkins.
- Maintain and manage older Code Repository Systems as needed (Subversion/CVS).
- 4+ years’ experience as JIRA Administrator with experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemes, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ hands-on experience working with the Atlassian product suite, with specific focus on JIRA as a Project/Application Administrator.
- Expert level Atlassian tool administration knowledge on JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language), a plus.
- Ability to construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA, a must.
- Ability to construct Confluence pages and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages, a must.
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, migrations, and plugin installation, a must.
- Experience installing applications on VMs, monitoring performance, and tailing logs on Unix Systems Administration and Microsoft Windows Server, preferred.
- Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL Database administration skills are preferred.
- LDAP integration experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile environment.
- Must have strong work ethic with good time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Position involves some interfacing with customers
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.