DHA Group, Inc. is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer II (Websphere) with an active Top Secret Clearance to support a very dynamic customer in Pocatello, Idaho.
Senior Systems Engineer II (WebSphere)
The Contractor shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, and addressing interoperability issues for all features, components and application dependencies. To include IBM HTTP server, J2EE application deployment and support, log analysis, queue management, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) configuration, disaster recovery, backup and recovery.
Position requirements and duties of the Senior Systems Engineer II (WebSphere)
- The Contractor shall be responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing support of the IBM WebSphere Infrastructure within the FBI.
- The Contractor shall serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for all WebSphere components, their functions, use, and support requirements.
- The Contractor shall create and maintain WebSphere infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines to include the current mainframe environment.
- The Contractor shall provision, configure, and patch required components for both existing and new applications.
- The Contractor shall evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the WebSphere infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall monitor and correct critical WebSphere issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- The Contractor shall install, configure, test and maintain system management tools for all WebSphere components.
- The Contractor shall proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- The Contractor shall monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- The Contractor shall maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- The Contractor shall write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- The Contractor shall participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- The Contractor shall provide 4th level support
- The Contractor shall liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- The Contractor shall ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- The Contractor shall provide real time alerts and dashboard information on network performance and availability.
- The Contractor shall document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- The Contractor shall provide real-time reporting of provisioned and non-provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for availability, performance and trends.
Experience/Education requirements for the Senior Systems Engineer II (WebSphere)
This position shall be filled with individuals that have a minimum of IBM Certified Systems Administration - WebSphere Application Server and bachelor’s degree preferred
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20+ years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.