DHA Group, Inc. is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer SME (Network) with an active Top Secret Clearance to support a very dynamic customer in Pocatello, Idaho.
The Contractor shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, and addressing interoperability issues for all features, components and application dependencies. To include switches, firewalls, load balancers, software defined networking, private cloud requirements, etc.
Position requirements and duties of the Principal Systems Engineer Subject Matter Expert (Network)
- The Contractor shall architect, diagram, plan, design, and implement and well as re-engineer major network projects to support new initiatives as well as ongoing support of the Networking Infrastructure within and between data centers.
- The Contractor shall serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for all data center network environments.
- The Contractor shall apply expert knowledge of network firewalls, radius authentication, configurations, WAN and LAN architecture, development and diagramming, NAT and troubleshooting, DMZ construction and isolation, VPN technologies, health monitoring, routing protocols, storage infrastructure and all aspects of virtualization.
- The Contractor shall develop processes and programs to enhance network performance and reliability.
- The Contractor shall establish and maintain network analysis and monitoring tools; including fine-tuning, health reporting and alerting.
- The Contractor shall apply security settings and Access controls and DISA STIGS and establish a baseline for network devices.
- The Contractor shall create and maintain network infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate LAN, WAN, vLAN, SDN, firewall and load balancer configurations, using both OEM and third party tools that include virtual network tools (NSX) and services.
- The Contractor shall provision/configure required networking for servers and applications
- The Contractor shall evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the data center network infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall monitor and correct critical network issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks. Provide real time alerts for network problem issues and implement proactive solutions for future problems to include re-design or tech refresh.
- The Contractor shall install, configure, test and maintain system management tools for all data center network components.
- The Contractor shall proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- The Contractor shall monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- The Contractor shall maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- The Contractor shall write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning of addresses and VLans with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- The Contractor shall participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- The Contractor shall provide 4th level support
- The Contractor shall liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- The Contractor shall ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- The Contractor shall provide real time alerts and dashboard information on network performance and availability.
- The Contractor shall document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- The Contractor shall provide real-time reporting of provisioned and non-provisioned resources such as bandwidth utilized to include performance metrics for availability, performance and trends.
Experience/Education requirements for the Principal Systems Engineer Subject Matter Expert (Network)
This position shall be filled with individuals that have a minimum of Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE), a bachelor’s degree preferred, and ten years of experience required.
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20+ years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.