DHA Group, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer with an active Top Secret Clearance and SCI Eligibility to support a very dynamic customer in Washington, DC.
Successful candidate needs to be able to document and solution complex security requirements for the existing customer infrastructure in a cost effective manner. Candidate needs to be able to articulate expertly solutions through written or verbal methods. Be able to trouble shoot complex problems quickly and effectively.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and / or experience
- 7+ years of experience in supporting systems integration solutions.
- Experience working with specific software and/or hardware systems with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with design principles and Server applications
- The ability to Administrate, install, and, upgrade Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012 servers both physical and virtual environment
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use, and maintenance of the windows server infrastructure
- Working experience with vSphere systems administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, VDS, Affinity rules, vCenter, storage migrations, and V2V migrations
- Experience with vSphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
- Working experience with vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and 3rd party plug-ins
- Working experience with vSphere Standard and Distributed Switches
- Create reports required by the client
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configuration hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standard and project/operational requirements.
- Research and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks where possible.
- Create and Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Responsible for the health of the development server infrastructure
- Self-starter; able to manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery
- Self-motivated; proactive; a team player; well spoken
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and experience communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Follow best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture.
- Strong ability to install, troubleshoot and deliver COTS and custom apps to end users using server infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to work with application owners to formulate, troubleshoot and document application installations and configuration.
- The knowledge and the ability to navigate within a Windows environment which includes Active Directory, Group Policy (GPO), and Server Operating System technologies.
- Able to analyze alerts from various monitoring tools and take appropriate actions during troubleshooting phases.
Top 3 Skills Required:
- Must have 3-5 years VMware ESXi 5.x / 6.x experience
- Must have 3-5 years Windows Server Administration experience supporting either a Windows Server 2008R2 or Server 2012R2 Active Directory Environment.
- Experience with various Microsoft Technology such as IIS Design, Web Farm Design, or Distributed File System Designs.
- .Security audit tools.
- Experience with one of the following Microsoft Technologies SQL Design, SharePoint 2010 Design, or Microsoft PowerShell Scripting Expertise.
- Knowledge of STIG's and have created or modified Federal security baselines.
- Experience working with application vendors.
The following are strongly desired certifications:
- Microsoft (Server 2008 /2012) MCITP/MCSE Certifications
- VMware VCP Certifications.
DHA has been a trusted partner to the US Federal Government for 20 years. We are a vibrant, energized and fast growing company serving the agencies which protect our freedom and way of life. Our mission focuses on the intelligence, law enforcement and defense communities. DHA adds value to every customer we serve by providing the best solution, talent, expertise and experience specifically tailored to each customer’s need. We are proud of the company’s culture which is results-oriented and based on kindness, caring and compassion for everyone we serve as a customer, employee or teaming partner.